[DeTomaso] Flex Water Tube to water pump

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 15:03:13 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/12/10 9:46:46 AM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> The neatest installation I saw was where someone had welded stainless
> fittings on the coolant tubes and used screw thread braided coolant hoses.

Yeah- I've seen show-Mustangs with this setup. Real 3000 psi
braided-stainless radiator hoses seem like a mite overkill for the application. And if
they solder threaded fittings to the radiator header tanks, they soon find that
the ss hoses are stiffer than the thin tank's metal and it fatigue-cracks
rather than the hoses soaking up engine vibrations.
But your suggestion of using braided over-wrap for undercar hose protection
is interesting. I have a shopping bag full of that overwrap that I've never
used; maybe I should, given the poor quality of the road today. Cheers- J
DeRyke