[DeTomaso] GATES GREEN STRIP WATER HOSE

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 14:53:40 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/12/10 9:11:15 AM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> I will happily stand corrected but I thought the std coolant tubes were 1
> & 3/8" O.D. and the water pump a 1 & 3/4".

You're correct in the size. Its easily possible to force-fit 1-3/8" Gates
greenstripe hose onto 1-1/2" FITTINGS, but 1-1/2" hose on 1-3/8" fittings
won't work. Some of the ss waterpipe conversions and the Ford/Laminova
water-to-oil heat exchanger bibs are 1-1/2" OD, and all thats necessary to slip
1-3/8" hose on them is a short soak of the hose end(s) in hot water. Cheers- J
Deryke