[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 66, Issue 11-Death of an engine

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 19:33:15 EST 2010

That's a corollary to...

What's the last thing you say before you hurt yourself?

Hey guys, check this out...

I did that not once, but twice.

Once we were doing donuts on the ice/snow in a big empty parking lot.  I was 16.  I told my brother to "check this out".  I was going to make an attempt at the biggest donut so far.  The rear-end whipped around so fast that the battery popped out (it was bungy tied down - 68 Mustang - the tray was rusted out).  The battery hit the fan, bent a blade, cut a circle in the radiator, cracked the distributor, and spewed acid all over the engine.  My brother and friends were laughing - as only a guy can laugh at another guy screwing up.

Once we were sliding on the ice - on our feet.  It was very slick - on the sidewalk.  The first guy went about 3 feet.  The next, maybe 5 feet.  I was going to slide the whole 10-15 feet.  I said, "Check this out!"  I ran and slid, my feet went up, I went completely parallel to the ground.  I hit hard, flat on my back.  Yep - they were laughing - "That was cool!  Do that again!"

Maybe it was an Arkansas thing.