[DeTomaso] FW: Ford Racing SVO pedestal style roller rockerC351wanted

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 19:13:57 EST 2010

Barry,

Be advised that you will most likely need to shim the pedestals to get
proper preload on the rockers.

Ford sells a set of shims in two thicknesses.  I managed to get my set
installed using the shims, but it did take a bit of trial and error,
mixing shims and pedestals (due to minor variances) and at the end I
had to resort to some very slight crocus cloth sanding of a couple
pedestal bottoms when the shims wouldn't quite get things right.

I've put thousands of miles on them and all is well. Just take it slow
and easy, and if the engine is in the car, be sure to put down plenty
of soft blankets for your bottom end.

You will be sitting in there for many hours getting things set-up
correctly.

Larry