[DeTomaso] Flex Water Tube to water pump

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Jan 11 03:54:02 EST 2010

Older cars had a molded bend that also adapted the two diameters while snaking around the shifter rod. I removed mine and had a SS bend in the style of the newer cars made so that I can use two short straight hose sections right at the water pump and the under car tubes like you describe. The advantage to me is that the tube is much smaller in OD than the rubber bend was which improves shifter rod clerance. If accidental rubbing should take place anyway I think it'll last better than if the rubber was making contact.

Tomas