[DeTomaso] Update - cause of death - blown engine

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Jan 11 03:05:00 EST 2010

Will,

Did you torque the bolts until you had whatever strech you wanted or did you torque to your decided figure, then measure the strech just for verification (without adjusting torque)? I'm also wondering if you simply over-torqued the bolts so that they went into plastic deformation. I just checked my Tom Monroe rebuild book and it says 40-45 ftlbs for std engines and 45-50 for Boss and HO. Where does the 67 ftlbs come from?

Tomas