[DeTomaso] Polishing ZF

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 19:27:03 EST 2010

My understanding is that a black surface radiates heat best and absorbs it best.  A shiny surface would reflect best and radiate less
But that is probably only a theoretical issue here unless you plan to race the car.

I got my ZF looking nice just with steel wool-- start with more coarse to get the grunge and larger texture off then use fine to get a shiny surface.
To get a mirror finish you will need polishing wheels and small cotton tools to put on a Dremel or similar device to get all the concave areas. It wasn't worth it to me and I didn't really want a near-chrome look anyway.

The surface crack looking things come off with steel wool.

Jim Oddie