[DeTomaso] ZF m1 gear box

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 23:40:31 EST 2010

Yes, but he wouldn't have to do anything as in the M1 it is used in the GT40 orientation. Which makes an M1 ZF a prized buy for a '40 build as you save the $3K required to get a Pantera -2 flipped for '40 use. That said M1 ZF's are usually more costly in the first place, maybe for that exact reason, although I thought they were considered 'beefier' (different input shaft?) and rated for higher HP than a -2?

The question, pehaps not worded eloquently on my part was whether a potential Pantera use of the M1 ZF would dictate drilling the oil ways as the Pantera uses it upside down to the M1 & GT40.

Another question that now comes to mind is did the M1 still use a 4.22 Ring & Pinion?

Julian