[DeTomaso] Vadar Inboard Brakes for Pantera

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Jan 9 08:29:43 EST 2010

1
2
3
4
5
6
> The cooling problems associated with the Vader setups location would give
> me serious concerns about their usefulness in  a racing application (which
> is supposedly what they are designed for.)

First I must say that the Vader products seem very well made to me.

1
This is a point, but I dont think it is of to big a concern.
2
This is a very strange claim to me. A 10,5" rotor is a 10,5 " rotor, thats
it! What the diameter does is altering the friction speed an lever arm of
the disc. One at the expence of the other.
3
60-40 F to R or R to F? Should we alter the CG of the car to suit the
brake discs???
4
Unsprung weight will alter the High speed valving of the shocks, But I
doubt that it will be noticed  for a street car.
5
Right, but street car brakes should be designed with other criterias in mind
than a racing set up. We could even use larger discs on a street car than
for a racing car. This is becous a racing car must keep the temperature
within the working window, while a street car use pads that is working fom
coold. What I am saying is that a race car must use the RIGHT size discs.
While at a street car a to small disc will be bad. Okay, larger discs has
more unsprung weight.
6
The inboard disc cooling situation may bring some duct routing problem
along with it.

Goran