[DeTomaso] Racing Mangusta- Homologaion Doc?

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Sat Jan 9 02:25:36 EST 2010

Mikey wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.provamo.com/Members/DeTomasoFactory/Mangusta/MangustaModel.asp
>
> for some details, and the link to the Mangusta Homologation documents.

Notice that the car was homologated with front wheels in 8, 9 and 10-inch
widths, and rears in 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14-inch widths.   This despite the
fact that the car was produced only with 7-inch front and 8-inch rear
wheels...interesting!

Mike

First, I found no homologation documents other than two prints.....What link am I missing! (I admit, I am a man and CFS...but I'm not about to ask my wife to help me find something "on a car website..."     No mention of the rim sizes etc....that Mike mentions, which I do believe are in the doc, as I do have an original copy...but there are also pictures of webers, headers,....special hubs for the wider wheels etc.... of which probably only a couple of sets were made and actually found themselves on production cars....

Neat document, but basically lies! None of the stuff ever made it to production!  ...unless of course there was yet another homologation doc created for the real cars....  In the US, you needed 500 cars produced to consider it production...who knows about Italy.....perhaps there, "an idea was akin to producing it".....! :)  Sorta like how stop lights are "suggestions to stop"....

Ciao!
Steve