[DeTomaso] Vadar Inboard Brakes for Pantera

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 20:50:10 EST 2010

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison. I was just suggesting
another alternative to modifing the brakes  and suspension / drive
components  and different ways you can throw money at your car. I also
mis-stated the rotor size as 15.1" It's 13.1 front and 13" rear.  The price
for the rear billet riser including the CV joints and all the parts except
the calipers and rotors was $3300. The $5500 Ken quoted is including
Calipers for all four wheels ,  and Hubs for all four wheels and rotors..
Ken or German Auto doesn't sell you the calipers so ther is an  element of
estimate to Kens #. For  comparison purposes some of the vendors quote $8000
for an equivalent Brembo caliper conversion ( which does not include the
billet rear riser's , axles, bearings, hubs. CV joints. Just for
clarification purposes I have no interest in Kens project. I am buying it
because I think it is a great upgrade and a great value for what your
getting  , but as far as being involved with it's production or sale I have
no  involvement and receive no compensation if anyone purchases it.. I have
mentioned it allot because it is a project conceived and implemented by a
pantera enthusiast not one of the Pantera vendors and a real effort was made
to keep the price down . If you have any doubt check the prices for just CV
joints. I think more people would take advantage of this modification it if
they knew all the details.
Boyd