[DeTomaso] Spark plug wire lengths

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:44:26 EST 2010

Gee... gosh, Will. No need for OS X yet!

The 'plug wires' are so short you can't see them under the right angle boot.

Yes, there are 16AWG wires running under the headers from the coils to the
MSD DIS/4. The ECU triggers the DIS/4 and it is using 'waste spark' firing.

It's the same setup as Mike Trusty's GT40 MkII and Jack Houpe's GT40 MkI
(they suggested the setup to me).

It makes a big difference in the way my engine runs at low rpm and I haven't
fouled a plug for a long time. Of course, now the EFI is tuned and I
shouldn't do that anyway, right?
:-)

My long range plan is to convert the Pantera as well, but I would probably
chuck the Haltech F9A out the window (or keep it as a museum piece?), get a
different ECU that handles ignition as well as fuel and get rid of the
distributor. Major wiring harness changes to do, too.

I need to take a breather though... finally getting my Pantera back from
Quella has wiped out my 'automotive budget' for awhile.... Time to drive'em!
As soon as it warms up a little...

Regards,
Kirby