[DeTomaso] POLL: Are you running a Roller Cam in your 351C?

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Fri Jan 8 02:14:27 EST 2010

I have allready stated that I have a roller cam, but not said that I did
have an incident using it. I discovered it when I disassemble the engine
and felt that one roller did not rolled silently. believe that mechanical
rollers have to be cheked for proper bearing fuctions every 5000 miles.
And proper lash once in a while. To much lash will hammer the rollers in
an unwanted manner. Hydraulic rollers ar more forgiving to the bearings,
(but less effective).
Goran