[DeTomaso] Installing door panels

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 23:44:49 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/6/10 8:26:12 PM, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> Velcro is an equally good choice.  I agree that the three bolts in the
> arm rest really do all the work - so the screws are really just for "tacking"
> purposes ...

One mod I suggest is NOT using the stock screw(s) in the middle of the
door-top, buried in the fuzzies. Being only little sheet metal screws, they
typically back out slightly and touch the glass while it's going up and down and
road vibration is shaking things slightly. So you get a scratch or a series
of etched dots in the glass that cannot be removed. Because there's always
a driver when the car is moving, in the U.S anyway the affected glass will
usually be the left side. A new door glass is the only cure once this
happens. Nothing bad happens if you leave them out: a missing screw or two will not
destroy your window(s). FWIW- J DeRyke