[DeTomaso] Wrecking Yard bonanza

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 21:57:34 EST 2010

I headed down to the two local Fresno wrecking yards today - just
bumming to see what I could find.

WOW! Remember that C.A.R.S program? The stimulus thing where they
ruined perfectly good engines?

Well, those cars are showing up in the yards, and I've never seen so
many late model cars. I actually found a perfect headliner for my '95
F-150, for the very agreeable price of $22.50.

Grabbed some of the LED roof mount GM brake lights, as I and others
have installed on our Panteras.

And stripped some good pieces off a 60's Econoline van pick-up.

Good pickings all around.

It might be a good time to check out YOUR local yards, too.

Larry