[DeTomaso] Poca album options

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 19:25:11 EST 2010

Hi Matt,
Thank you for solving the mystery. I did what you advised; appreciate  that
information very much. Nice car you have there.
Regards,
Laurie
-----------------------------------

It's not your favorite car Laurie , it's mine!
Last week while on  holiday I was poking around the POCA albums checking
out everybodys  pictures.
A few didn't have any pics at all ,which is just wrong, and with a  few
clicks I was able to upload my own pic to those albums!
But only if no  pics had been added first. I wondered how I was able to do
this as it seemed  very un-secure.
Not that any of us upstanding POCA members would do such a  thing but....it
shouldn't even be possible IMHO, but when you see a button that  says
"Don't push" on the dashboard what do you do?
Then I found some Albums  with existing pics gave me the permission to add
sub/albums and even new  items,which I didn't but was possible for me or
anybody to do.
Maybe that is  the intent of the software and is a nice option if you
choose to invite others  to contribute to your page.
But you should check your options for your albums  to eliminate possible
"horseplay" if that's not what you want.

What I did  was go to-
your album options>edit permissions>group permissions and  deleted all of
the options for sharing except "(core)view all versions" in the  group
permissions.
Hopefully this eliminated any possible additions to my  album in the future.
I would suggest anybody who wants to secure their album  do the same.
Just in case a surreptitious scoundrel who loves 86 vettes pays  a visit....
Matt

ps-Laurie you ARE a good  sport!