[DeTomaso] Installing door panels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 16:02:47 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/6/10 10 35 12, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> My door panels were held in place by small screws. Since I am having them
> re-done in leather, I am wondering if there is a different method to
> mounting them - one that does require popping a screw through the panel to the
> door.
>
> Are there any clips or other ways to do this?
>
> >From all the pix I've reviewed of GT5 and GT5-S Panteras, I cannot see
> any mounting hardware on the tops, bottoms and sides of those door panels.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

>>>I assume you left the word 'not' out of there--you're looking for a
means of securing the panels that does NOT require the use of screws, right?

The panels were originally secured with clips AND screws.   You might get
away with just using the clips?   They are very standard auto fasteners,
available in better hardware stores.

Personally I like the look of the delicate little screws and washers.   And
FWIW the GT5/GT5-S used those same screws I think.   The cars you may be
thinking of are cars that have been converted to GT5 look and they decided to
do away with them?

I think?