[DeTomaso] Installing door panels

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:01:39 EST 2010

My GT5 has the same small screws, although if you are re-upholstering your panels it would be relatively easy to change to a more modern style snap fitting. Most of those modern fittings are just small plastic fittings which rely on slotting in a keyhole cutout in the door panel and push into a drilled hole in the door itself. Some planning would be required on the hole drilling to ensure it all lines up correctly.  A simpler method just involves using a quality velcro attached around the door and panel. The the bulk of the fixing is borne by the armrest/door pull anyway.

Good luck,

Julian