[DeTomaso] DeTomaso stories

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 22:21:09 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/5/10 7 29 54, timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com writes:

> The new issue (Feb. 2010) of Automobile has a nice story about the
> Mangusta in it.
>
>>>Thanks for the tip, just picked it up.   Pretty flattering account, with
only a few minor glitches in the story (for example, they label the ZF
gearbox as 'fragile'--we all know it's expensive, but tough as nails!)

>  And Sports Car Market identified this Pantera as one of their "finds" -
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190361282930
>
> I don't know anything about the Ebay car from SCM, but wanted to pass
> along the info.
>
>>>Seems like a very nice car, dramatically overpriced!   Supposedly
there's a bid for $65K right now, although I wouldn't be surprised if that was a
'chandelier bid' (or the electronic version of same).

Consider Tom's car that just sold.   That was a hell of a nice car, and I
don't know what he got for it, but probably a fair bit less than the 'buy it
now' price of $78K for this one!

Jim Willis in Houston has a 10K mile orange L-model wih 8 and 10-inch
wheels that we're all trying to get him to NOT sell.   It's certainly the equal
of this E-bay car in condition, perhaps even better, certainly more original,
and probably half the price--realistic in other words.

Hopefull its merely academic because Jim will conclude that he doesn't
*really* have to sell his Pantera and he'll hang onto it.   Fingers crossed!