[DeTomaso] Dart Aluminum Cleveland blocks

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 21:35:32 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/5/10 16 59 32, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Has anyone had any experience with the Dart aluminum Cleveland blocks? I
> know Smeding uses the Dart windsor block but I have not heard of anyone
> using the dart Aluminum Cleveland block. At $4300 it's a pricey bit. I
> know
> the Dart Windsor can be stroked to a 427. It would be interesting to see
> what could be done with an aluminum Cleveland . In terms of HP and weight
> reduction. http://www.flatlanderracing.com/dartalumblocks.html

That's the DART aluminum Windsor block.   It's a Windsor, with Cleveland
main bearings.   They don't make a Cleveland block.

Todd Buttermore has been working for years to produce an aluminum Cleveland
block, and is either right on the cusp of production, or is in production
now.

Info here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/136503/thread/1199046817/Links+to+Tod+Butterm
ore%27s+Cleveland+Block+Posts