[DeTomaso] trickle/alarm question--opinions needed!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Jan 5 20:47:55 EST 2010

I have one of those "battery minder" trickle chargers.

I have a quick-disconnect ground lift on my battey's negative terminal.

I have a voltage-drop sensing alarm system.

Question:  When not using the car for a month or so at a time, should I:

1) leave the battery connected while employing the battery monitor, so the alarm will be active, or

2) use the ground lift to disconnect the battery from the car and simply have the battery minder connected directly to the battery, but then have no alarm?

The car is kept in the garage and I have no current-draining accessories other than the alarm.

Thanks,

Chris