[DeTomaso] Optima: red, yellow, or blue

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:46:58 EST 2010

As some of you may remember I had a hot starting problem that would not go
away. At one point just before I was ready to drive off a cliff I purchased
an Optima Red Top. Needless to say it did not solve my hot start problem.
The story has a happy ending. Once I got my new starter from DB for $49.995
and installed and wired it according to their directions the optima battery
cranks  my engine over faster , stronger and apparently with more torque
when my engine and starter are 220 F and the battery also cranks my car like
gang busters when it is 20 degress F and my car has not been started in a
month  and has no trickle charger connected. If anyone is having a hot start
problem I can't emphasis strongly enough the importance and results of the
PMGR ( Permenant magnet Gear Reduction starter) For a whopping $49.995 and a
phenomenal warranty and a company that stands by their product. II can't
remember the last time I was so satisfied with a product  a\or had a product
that delivered what it promised and was such a bargin. If someone has a show
car DB also offers the starter with chrome plating for $109.95. My new
starter cranks faster and stronger hot then my old Gear reduction starter
(that cost around $200.00) did when the engine and starter were cold. The
new starter is also lighter and smaller then the old starter.
I do not own stock in this company and I am not a paid spokes person. LOL
 Seriously get the starter and I have no complaints with the battery.  It is
nice to have a sealed battery that I don't have to worry about spilling
battery acid.
Boyd
.P.S. I used to drive around with a jump box. It is no longer necessary  (
luckily since it was stolen shortly after I purchased the new battery.)