[DeTomaso] Optima: red, yellow, or blue

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 20:49:54 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/4/10 17 22 16, msm at portata.com writes:

> I was wondering which one I should get.  Much to my surprise, the answer
> was on the home page.
>
> http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php
>
> See the third image in the rotating ad.

Jim's testimonial isn't particularly encouraging, and I wonder why they
bothered to share it.   In it, he states that this battery isn't strong enough
to turn his engine over when it's hot!

He probably has a tired, weak stock starter, and/or poor grounds, and/or
too much timing.   He says his motor has 11:1 compression, but unless he's
modified it somehow, that seems unlikely.

In any case, any decent battery should easily be able to turn over a
Pantera engine, hot or cold.   If it doesn't, then something is wrong, most likely
with the car, not the battery.

Still, I'm amazed that Optima thinks that having a customer state that
their battery will only start his car when it's cold is somehow good
advertising?