[DeTomaso] New Ford GT Transaxle

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:15:25 EST 2010

A fully rebuilt Ricardo transaxle can be had for $6500, as Mike says its not the initial cost its everything else to make it fit.

Mark Hoffman (De Mopuar on the PI forum) is also installing a Ford GT engine & transaxle into his Pantera. Wilkinson is doing all the work; there is some discussion on the PI forum and Mark has photo's in his POCA album here http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=12445?g2_GALLERYSID=6fe1944cd57b094d177fe790c2962c60

Mike, I understood the M1 ZF has a different length input shaft and is already in the inverted (GT40) orientation so would require flipping for Pantera use, hence your suggestion of parts interchange into a M1 case would likely be the easiest and cheapest way to go. Its surpsising to me how may ZF's come up on EvilBay with welded cases, so someone must be breaking them....

Julian