[DeTomaso] East meets West

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:27:23 EST 2010

I was up there last June and drove a Jeep from Alaska into the Canada/Yukon
via The Klondike Highway, the only 2 things that I was thinking was how
amazing the views were and how much I wished I was in my Pantera instead of
that Jeep.
What an incredible trip that would be in a group of cars.  The really cool
part was to see the highway markers for snow, placed so that you didn't
drive off the road and fall 1,000-1,500 below, but these markers are 15'
high on both sides of the road so they aren't completely covered by the
snowfall, it was my first time and the highest altitude that I have driven,
very, very cool.  The border guards have no sense of humor, don't even try
to be funny, it is far to chilly to be strip searched.

Michael Shortt