[DeTomaso] supercharger questions

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:04:00 EST 2010

Well made point Jeff, the same holds true for XKE's, they were "affordable
sports cars" and were therefore purchased by folks who could perhaps afford
the car,
but not maybe the required service to keep it in tip top shape . Affordable
being somewhat relative when you consider that the lowly sum of 10-11,000
back then would have also purchased 2 Corvettes, a fully dressed out Lincoln
or Cadillac with enough left over for either a Pinto/Maverick or a Vega.  If
you look up the prices of other cars available when the Pantera was new, it
puts the car in another light, a Ferrari Dino 246 Sypder was 12,500 and a
Daytona 365GTS was 16,500.
Panteras while "affordable' were still not cheap, a Boss 351 Mustang in 1971
was about 3,800- 4,200.00.

Michael Shortt

My Mom bought a house in 1971 for $29,500, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths in a "nice
neighoorbood".  All brick, real hardwood floors, on a 1/2 acre.