[DeTomaso] Shipping from the USA to Europe to sell?

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 04:44:27 EST 2010

Sometime in the 80's when I was working in Saudi Arabia guys were buying European cars (mostly Mercedes) very cheaply and sending them to the states....there was as I recall some "one-time-exemption-or-waiver" you could obtain from EPA and DOT for the usual safety nazi BS (engine, door bars, safety glass, headlights etc) importing "one" used car under a certain age.....but finally a few guys ruined the process by bringing in SEVERAL cars under separate names of friends and business partners.....about the time I was ready to buy my dream Ferrari one of the guys who was buying low and selling high said the DOT stopped providing waivers.....never confirmed if that was accurate or not and bought my '72 Pantera in Seattle in '85 on a return R&R to the states.
Ferrari was over rated anyway ;-]>

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com