[DeTomaso] Shipping from the USA to Europe to sell?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:14:15 EST 2010

Note that I have changed your subject line...

There have been quite a few cars sold in the USA over the last 2-3 years that later
popped up for sale in Europe. One example does not generate enough data to
get a good statistic, but I recently sited one (extreme) example.
Search the archives for the thread where I posted the links into the Registry
for the example.  The subject was something like "Look where she is now", in the last 2
months or so.

This was a (green L) car that was quite nice, and was advertised on my website
as well as other areas (so it received good broad exposure - for Larry in Cleveland).
It did sell quicker than the average (2-3 months?) I believe.

It is possibly still for sale (so the Euro-asking price is not a sold price), at a
price around double what it sold for here in California.

There is also a converted GT5 (blue or black ?) that is for sale in the UK which is
a LHD car from the USA which may be still for sale also.

If you are really interested, I can suggest some search ideas.  Search for Euro ads,
then if the car looks like a USA market car, search the Registry for sales history.

Chuck
(The Registry Guy)

I would love to see the results of a sale of a US car that had been offered
for sale here (in the US) and the exported to Europe to see a fair
representation of the market difference for the same car in both markets and
try to determine if the difference (if there is one ) is currency driven  or
just that the market is stronger there? I don't know if there really is a
difference but it certainly seems so. In any case it would be an interesting
exercise. ( and maybe a profitable one.)
Boyd