[DeTomaso] Le Mans Classic 2010

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:45:28 EST 2010

>From the flyer Jim linked to there was one point worthy of note that I
picked up on (and as a first timer would have been unaware of) and that was
dress code.... to enter the paddock there is a 'no jeans' policy and
"preferably a jacket and tie for gentlemen"

>>>Unlike Goodwood, where they are highly dogmatic about this policy and it
is strictly enforced, at Le Mans it is simply 'encouraged' and widely
ignored.  Having said that, it's always a good idea to be prepared in the
event that they suddenly tighten up their policy.
***Yes, Goodwood wouldn't let me into the pits because I didn't have a tie.
I had a period jacket, slacks, and hat, but no-tie, no service! The dress
code thing is new- I think 2008 was the first time I saw mention of it - and
it was widely ignored. But it is France, and as Mike said they may take it
seriously this year. IT doesn't seem overly restrictive - short sleeve
shirts/polos are ok, so it seems reasonable.

>I didn't get pre-paid paddock tickets as I understood they were available
on the day for a better price, true?

>>>That's my recollection too.
***Yes, that's true. I will be buying mine there.