[DeTomaso] Garmin Nuvi GPS - Help needed

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 21:19:53 EST 2010

Santa got me a Nuvi 780. Nice unit.

BUT, I wanted to be able to upload Google routes into the Nuvi.

Well the Nuvi will accept Google determined locations or addresses,
but it then does its own default route creation to the Google supplied
address. I want to upload the full Google map routes.

And not just the default Google routes, but modified ones I create
using the click-and-drag feature.

I found a freeware application called T.Y.R.E. that comes close, but
it does not appear compatible with the click-and-drag feature of Google.

Anyone have a work-around for this? Another freeware app? Ideas?

Or since I can still return the Nuvi, is anyone successfully loading
click-and-drag modified Google routes directly into another brand of
GPS?

Thanks,

Larry