[DeTomaso] oil leak, any one ever have this happen to them.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 00:48:04 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/27/10 12:46:09 PM, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> Holy Smokes!  Was this in WWII!!!

Gimmee a break, pal! It was sometime in the early '70s. Johnson Island is
restricted-access, but our pilot told the tower 'We've got engine trouble and
we're coming in. You can pick us up on the runway or offshore- your call!"
Needless to say, the welcoming committee had AR-15s rather than cold beers
for us, but they quickly saw there was a real problem. It all turned out
OK. In 2600 hours in the air with the Navy, I was only in one crash and the
only injury was to the plane; they had to send a replacement & I think they
scrapped the first one. Crosswind landing at night.... Memories- J Deryke