[DeTomaso] Schwing-worthy hardware for ZF etc.

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:40:30 EST 2010

  Normal stainless is sort of dull;

>>>Correct.  It does vary depending upon steel type, alloy content, and pre-processing.

it can be polished to a very bright
finish,

>>>Correct.

but will periodically need to be repolished to retain its luster in a
high-grime environment.

>>>Not if you do it right.  I have developed a special technique, improving
it over the years, and now use a series of compounds, ending with a kind of
chemical-bonding sealer which needs no future polishing. (4+ years so far so good!)

Much like the stuff now used to seal antique silver flatware (Like Gorham) so our Manor
staff no longer has to polish the silver daily - grin.

Yes you DO need to wipe of the road grime occasionally!  I use a glass cleaner like
Windex.

3-Cheers!

PS:  I've returned from a day of errands.  My stainless supplier confirmed over the phone
to having 200 units of the acorns (meeting their minimum order of $300).  After 30+ miles
I returned with the 42 the ACTUALLY had - lovely.  Oh-boy they offered to back-order! I'd
rather have the USA-made quality stuff, so I'll wait versus back-filling with
internet-available lower grade stuff.  Luckily I have an inventory of material I polished
over the holidays.

Chuck