[DeTomaso] oil leak, any one ever have this happen to them.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Feb 27 14:21:04 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/27/10 10:41:44 AM, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Bet you were every bodies favorite that day, eh?

Yeah- especially my nemesis in a Lotus 7 that ran next.... open roadsters
are not the weapon of choice   during dusty conditions and the amount of cat
litter and gypsum dust they used to soak up the oil left the course a mess
even the next day.
Worst part was, Judy didn't get to run.... and at the end of the year, she
placed second overall in class- by 2 points. Which she coulda got that day
by idling around. But at the time, we didn't know the engine was fine; I'd
cut the ignition soon enough to save the bearings. All it needed was a
U.S.-made filter and another couple gallons of oil. Oh, well.... J DeRyke