[DeTomaso] oil leak, any one ever have this happen to them.

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Feb 27 12:54:41 EST 2010

The only time this happened to me, was when I failed to note the o-ring
from the old filter stuck to the block and not the filter.  When the new
filter went on, it broke loose the old o-ring which pinched it in an odd
spot allowing a leak.  Gobs of oil on the floor.  Now every time I do an
oil change, I check for the old o-ring on the filter and manually clean
the mating surface on the block to be sure.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA