[DeTomaso] And Speaking of the ZF...

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri Feb 26 14:54:15 EST 2010

I -would- like to fix that somehow.  Unfortunately, it's not easy.  If
you use a credit card to pay, I can manually adjust shipping prior to
submitting the charge since the system doesn't do that for us.  But it
won't be for just the cost of a first class stamp.

Another option is for me to "build in" a cost of shipping to each
piece price (like make it $5.50 or so) and mark the item as "free
shipping".  But then that doesn't calculate shipping properly for
overseas which can be more expensive and it doesn't include what has
become our standard $2 handling charge (note this all goes to POCA).
The trouble is the software we are using is free, and as such it
doesn't have all the whistles and bells of some other expensive on
line shopping carts.  In other words, I'm limited in what I can try to
do.

The shipping price you are seeing is for USPS Priority Mail plus an
additional fee for handling.  Yes, shipping is cheaper if I put it in
an envelope and stick a first class stamp on it.  And then again...
you might not get it; it could get chewed up in an automatic mail
sorter and never get to you.  I wouldn't want that to happen, but if
folks are willing to take the risk, I can certainly try to set it up
that way.

However, with all -that- said, I've also been chastised for not
running things more like a "professional" store, providing RMA's,
shipping labels, instant shipping, instant submitting to the CC
clearing houses, and other complaints.  If I were to run this in that
same manner, I'd say "sorry, that's the shipping price."  It's no
different than people making the same complaints about various Pantera
vendors who strictly use UPS or some other shipper, and who will
charge you a $10 shipping fee for a ten cent washer.

So let me see what I can do to make this a bit more palatable for
folks. I'll try to find some other way to do this within the confines
of what the software will allow me to do. In the meantime, any orders
paid by Credit Card I can modify for a more reasonable amount of
shipping.

Thank you for bringing this up Garth.
Asa Jay