[DeTomaso] Shipping exotic from New Jersey to California, looking for prices!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:44:45 EST 2010

I would second Horseless Carriage, having purchased three cars on the east coast (one from New York and two from Connecticut) and I have had good success with HC. The last car I shipped just over 15 months ago and their rate east to west was fixed at $2250 or thereabouts. The driver took great delight in showing me the truck was also loaded with some famous basketball dude's Lincoln and Merc etc., but it was just another black SUV to me, I guess there's no accounting for taste or lack thereof....

If meeting a deadline is a concern then make sure the trucking company is aware, I wasn't worried on a delivery date and it was mid winter, but they laid the truck up in the mid-west for a week due to bad weather, rather than take the chance with the cargo.

One other company that has not been mentioned and is worthy of consideration is www.intercitylines.com they have trucks all over Monterey in August for the high dollar auctions/shows and they offer a discount to GT40's.com forum members, so maybe mentioning that will get you a better rate.

Good luck,

Julian