[DeTomaso] Schwing-worthy hardware for ZF etc.

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Feb 25 22:48:49 EST 2010

This kind of hardware (having an integrated o-ring) is notoriously
expensive.  Some of our handheld products use them to help prevent
water intrusion past the assembly screws.  It takes a special
machining process to carve out just enough groove for the o-ring to
set in and compress.  The trick is too little groove and the o-ring
just squishes out from under the head of the screw or the nut.  Too
much groove and there isn't enough compression of the o-ring to get a
good seal.

$4 each at the moment, considering what it is, sounds like a pretty
good deal to me, but if you can get them down even farther, that would
be even better.

:)
Asa Jay

Quoting MikeLDrew at aol.com: