[DeTomaso] Mangusta wiring quaestion, perhaps SPC (Some Pantera Content)

Jay james at ground-control.com
Thu Feb 25 20:37:02 EST 2010

After only a few hours, with a Mangusta that has not rolled on the streets
sice 1974, I have every single electrical item working (I think). Lights,
hi, lo, city horn, country horn, blinkers, wipers, brake lights everything
I can find works. The electric windows are even fast, after being
completely disassembled and greased with Lucas sythetic grease.

There is one wire not hooked up to anything, and nowhere for it to go. I
have attached a pic. It is in the left front of the car, and does not look
like the wire for the temp sender at the bottom of the radiator. This is
where I worry that maybe something is hooked up in the wrong place,
leaving a false clue about this mystery wire. It is light blue, two wires
terminating into an attached original yellowy female insulated spade.

Panteras have the same wiring color scheme for a lot of parts, so this may
help everybody.

http://www.ground-control.com/images/mangusta/mystery-wire-front.jpg

--
James Morris