[DeTomaso] Schwing-worthy hardware for ZF etc.

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:36:09 EST 2010

I've not had a leaking problem with the Acorn nuts that I use, so having
this kind of seal seems unnecessary.

For the type I use (USA-made stainless) I polish them to as 'bright' as
stainless can get.  This polishing process I believe would
not be good for your type with the o-ring seal.

I have sold quite a large number of 'my' polished Acorn sets, and have not
heard of any leaks/complaints.

I use a combination of (stainless steel) flat and lock washers under an Acorn where
appropriate.

If someone is interested in a set of my polished stainless steel Acorns, contact
me, I'm willing to run another batch.  Cost is around $1.50 including my polishing effort.

Chuck

In a message dated 2/25/10 13 47 16, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Does anybody know how much they cost (retail)?

I'm negotiating with the company right now.   They seem inordinately proud
of them.   Right now the cost (with a min purchase of 100) is close to $4
each.   I'm trying to get that down.