[DeTomaso] Electricity Update on Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 17:42:18 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/24/10 14 31 0, larsen.bosse at gmail.com writes:

> Which electricity loads should have relays?
> These are well needed...
> Hi and low light.
> Radiator relay.
>
>>>Yes--the radiator fans already have relays from the factory, along with
the A/C clutch, A/C fan (at the back of the car), and the horns.   The
headlights need them also, and those should be added.

> But...
> Heater fan low?
>
> Heater fan hi?
>
> Ignition Switch ACC?
>
> Ignition Switch RUN?
>
> Ignition Switch Start?
>
> Is it any more?
>
>>>None of these things require relays.   Remember, the ignition switch
'start' position just triggers the starter solenoid, which is nothing but a
giant relay.   You definitely don't need another one.

> >Where have you mounted the relays?
> Can you send photos on yours relay mounting?  larsen.bosse at gmail.com
>
>>>Some people have installed bolt-on relay/fusebox kits from Rick Moseley,
and others.   These mount on a bracket at the back of the front
compartment, right above and behind the battery.

I have my extra relays mounted just behind and above the stock fusebox.

> >Should I replace some, and make bigger ground cables?

starter to the chassis for instance, is also a good idea.