[DeTomaso] Shipping exotic from New Jersey to California, looking for prices!

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Feb 24 15:12:12 EST 2010

Last year, I shipped the Pantera I bought from Salt Lake to East Florida.
 The car did not run and had no brakes (not even a parking brake).  Closed
carrier is the only way you should go and expect to pay about $300 more for
it.  I paid $1,200 for the transport and $100 for a tow truck to bring the
car down a snowy mountain to the truck because the semi couldn't make it up
there.  I don't remember the company name, but they were out of Aniston AL.
 It seemed to me that the ones I found on the web are just brokers that
contract to private truckers.  The drivers that brought my car were great.
 The brokers didn't have a clue what was going on and that was a bit
frustrating.

Rob