[DeTomaso] Schwing-worthy hardware for ZF etc.

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 23:40:53 EST 2010

Hi guys,

Everybody knows the ZF transaxles leak out the rear, as oil migrates past
the threads on the studs that secure the rear cover on.

Some people replace the rather industrial-looking conventional nuts with
beautiful acorn nuts.   But Chris Difani just turned me onto an outfit in New
Jersey that makes the coolest hardware ever!   How about acorn nuts (and
bolts) that incorporate a rubber O-ring, making them seal!

http://www.sealingscrews.com/images/NewPics2/ACORN.jpg

How cool is THAT?   :>)

Their general website is:   http://www.sealingscrews.com/

My ZF has been drooling for years; I'm going to phone these guys up and see
what it will cost to get a full set of sealing acorn nuts for myself.

This same company makes rubber boots to make toggle switches, pushbuttons
etc. weatherproof.   Probably not applicable to our cars, but fantastic for
boats etc.

http://www.switchboots.com/

Thanks for the tip Chris!

Bill--for the gearhead database! :>)