[DeTomaso] NPC RE: Snow.

Lynn Wall cars at wt-inc.com
Tue Feb 23 12:24:33 EST 2010

Goran,

I HATE SNOW so I feel for you.

Now for another perspective.  I am not at home right now (Park City, Ut
6500' elevation) or I would send you pictures that would scare the #$%@ out
of you.

During the winter I have a constant 3-5 feet of snow on my roof.   I have
had ice dams that are 4' thick on some edges and extend out over the edge of
the roof 2'.  I consistently have icicles that reach well in excess of 10'
(the longest we measured was 18'.  I have pictures of snow over 8' tall next
to my driveway and my mailbox is mearly a hole into which the mail person
slides the mail.

My neighbor had a sheet of ice slide off their roof and go straight through
their deck, joists and all.  It was still under their new deck on July 4th
of the following summer.

I know that the weatherman is talking directly, personally,  to me when he
predicts more snow in April and May.  I don't hate anybody but he comes
pretty close.

Finally, if you have not had the chance to dig a newspaper out of your snow
blower, you are really missing out.  That is one of two times, that I am
aware of, that that the laws of physics do not apply (the other being me
falling on roller blades).  I have tried everything and it still takes 2-3
hours, more on Sunday. I do not understand how so much material can be
crammed into one tiny space.

If you want to read something really funny try the attachment below.
Somebody sent this to me about 1 year after I moved to Park City and I
laughed so hard I cried -- then I just cried.

http://www.theduffinsincanada.com/diaryuncut.html

Lynn
Spending 6 months a year polishing cars instead of driving them