[DeTomaso] Cleaning glass

Denny Finn dennyfinn at molalla.net
Mon Feb 22 13:02:01 EST 2010

Message: 22

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:16:28 -0500

From: "Will Demelo" <wdemelo at cogeco.ca>

Subject: [DeTomaso] Cleaning Glass

To: <detomaso at realbig.com>

I've removed the rubber gaskets from the quarter windows and I'm having
trouble cleaning the glass near where the gasket edge was. I've got the
whole window clean except for this edge of 35 yr old scum line.

I've bought an acid based window cleaner that doesn't even touch it.

I don't want to use anything too abrasive for fear of scratching the glass.

Any suggestions?

Will

You can use the same tools & materials you would use to polish out
automotive paint. A detailer I knew would run over all of the glass, the
plastic tail light & headlight lenses when buffing out the paint on a car he
was detailing. Start with milder compounds or polish. It really works.

Denny #1769

Finns Auto Restoration & Custom

Molalla Oregon