[DeTomaso] Ground straps (was: coupe fan motors ground)

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Feb 22 10:23:04 EST 2010

I personally think that the ground strap at the rear of the transmission is
less effective than putting one on one of the starter mounting bolts. If I
had to do one I'd go for the starter strap and if I had the starter strap I
wouldn't bother with a transmission rear strap. With that said, I have to
admit that I have two transmission rear straps and a starter strap! :-D
Another area that I don't recall seeing mentioned much is the alternator. I
recently put a ground strap from the back side of the alternator housing to
one of the studs that hold the ignition coil panel to the firewall. My GM
type alternator alrready had a threaded unused hole that I used.

Tomas