[DeTomaso] Heater blower ground location

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:00:49 EST 2010

Anders,
On my 1974 L (#7102) the heater blower motor had two wires coming out and were visible from underneath. Ground turned out to be the brown wire which ended in a ring terminal and was secured to the passenger end of the heater box with a sheet metal screw. It was visible from the passenger footwell by looking up between the glove box and heater box.  The hot wire was orange with a spade terminal at the end and connects to a short (+/- 6") black jumper wire that terminates on the blower motor resistor (also secured by a sheet metal screw to the passenger end of the heater box, it looks a bit like a relay from underneath).
The hot and ground wires serving the blower both go over the top of the heater box and the routing wasn't really visible until I pulled the dash. I would recommend pulling the dash for blower motor access. It really wasn't that hard, and actually getting to see everything going on back there was worth it.