[DeTomaso] Cleaning Glass

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 02:05:28 EST 2010

It may be that the glass is already etched from 35 years of acid rain and
contact with the rubber. The best polishing medium I've found is that stuff
JC Whitney and other places sell as a glass polishing medium- cerium oxide.
It's a tan powder mixed with water to form a paste, then applied with
speed-controlled power tools. Do NOT get the glass hot while polishing, or it will
crack. Go as slow as you can stand...

If the absolute worst happens and you bust one, I have two sets of front
quarter windows I'm not using.... with no etch lines. Cheers- J DeRyke