[DeTomaso] Fw:   351 and 302 Distributer Compatibility

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:04:09 EST 2010

True, but the only difference is in the oil pump drive in that the 351 is a larger hex, so theoreticlaly you could have a 351 oil pmup drive shaft milled down on one end, whether you would want to is another question.

Assuming as with the MSD oil plug you have a crank trigger or the like then a cam sync can be made with a little work using an old dizzy with a pertronix or similar unit, by removing seven of the pickups.

Also their are a number of cam sync modules that you can set up on the cam drive sprocket and tap the sensor into the timing cover which offers another oiption. There's even an MSD one that gets it's signal from the number 1 spark plug wire and sits between the plug and wire, but I always thought that a bit hokey.

Julian