[DeTomaso] Door speakers

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Feb 20 18:40:07 EST 2010

I went sort of extreme and build a subwoofer cabinet in the engine compartment loaded with dual-voice-coil 12" Pyle sub, replaced tweeters for the rubber plugs where the manual crank window access used to be, mounted one 6x9, three-way speaker in the passenger-side kick panel, then fabricated a panel which mounts under the dash on the driver's side (completely out of sight) for the other 6x9,I put the equalizer and switch panel in the glove compartment and two big amps in the front trunk.  Oh yes, I also changed my ashtray into an ipod dock (looks stock when closed).

It sounds absolutely fantastic.

Sincerely,

Chris (I may not know motors, but I know hi-fi!)