[DeTomaso] A-arm connections

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 20 04:37:27 EST 2010

Hey Bill,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been down with a bad flu all week.
And my welder, Smitty, cracked some ribs Monday.
It means "The Beast" won't make it's scheduled return to Willow Springs this
weekend.
Regarding the balancing, the 1/2 shafts have been balanced and Dennis says
no need to re-balance with the new uprights, axels, etc and we do have one
local company in San Diego that still does on car speed balancing, my buds
at Clarence Brown in Kearny Mesa.
You are right, The Beast does have a million oil lines, but the funny thing
is none of them was the cause of my fatal oil leak during Silver State. It
was a pinhole in the rear outside front corner of a valve cover, as luck
would have it, in the least visible spot in the engine bay!
Regarding being afraid to drop the clutch, to tell you the truth, even with
the Spicer 1/2 shafts and truck U'Joints, I'm also afraid to.
Dan